Sunday mornings as a kid used to be waking up to the wonderous smells of breakfast cooking.One of my FAVOURITE was BOMBAY TOAST. The very mention of its name brings to mind the awesome, mouth watering smell of a huge pile of it, on a plate, on the dining table when I woke up.
I remember munching through countless pieces watching cartoons, dipping it in tomato sauce and relishing each bite.
And leftovers would be afternoon snack. Cold but still as good and oh so yummy.
Mummy makes the BESTEST bombay toast. The humble breakfast mummy makes is no where near mine.
Been a long time since I had breakfast at mummy's for various reasons. There was never just bread with butter and jam on weekends. It was always something hot and cooked.
Egg Thosai with awesome fish curry by my pem carries my mind away to sunday mornings where my mum would wake me saying my aunt sulo was comming for breakfast and I used to curse and swear at waking up at that unearthly hour of 7am on a SUNDAY.
Appam with prawn curry and red sugar makes my mouth water. The crispy sides and the well cooked middle can never be the same when eaten at a shop.
Once in a while Appa will buy us carrot cake. CARROT CAKE came along with toothpicks and and that was THE BEST. They just dont do it right anymore.
Breakfast ... My best memories as a kid are my mummy's delish nom noms!!
Nothing beats the blues like mummy's food.
0 comments:
Post a Comment