Monday, July 16, 2012

Babies.

And it struck me out of the blue,

MY KIDS ARE GROWING UP TOO FAST!!!!

The little one is not-so-little anymore.
No matter how I try and pretend that she is my baby, I have to wake up to the fact that shes growing up AND FAST. Her shoes are a huge indicator that she's not so tiny as it seems. Her feet are growing at an alarming rate. I got to buy new shoes for her every 3 months or less. There is no buying shoes 2 sizes big for that little french fry. She will fall flat on her face trying to walk with ginormous shoes. I try to smother her when I sleep but shes like a long bean. Her baby fat has 'POOF' vanished and in place is a lean mean running long bean. I try to cradle her to nap but my arms start to nap in less than 2 minutes cos she no longer is the little tater tot of 3 kgs. She says the most amazing things and her sense of reasoning (at times) confounds me.
MY BOY READS. I have dreamt of him reading for so long. I dreamt of waking up after my son and finding him curled up with an Enid Blyton in bed. He reads off road signs, posters, food labels, simple story books, the instructions on his workbooks, my sms's, my facebook status .. OH MY GOD!!! And he is very in dependant. Feels kinda sad and makes me feel unwanted at times BUT I know independence is where hes going to learn the basic knowledge of fending for himself. I do expect more from him as he is my first born. I push him a little hard at times. All in the hopes of him being the best.
My babies are growing up.
I feel a twinge of remorse that I cant keep them as young as they are now. Selfish thoughts of eternal babyhood run across my mind. Couldn't I just shove them back into my womb and care for them? Within the depths of my belly they will be little babies, only needing milk, diaper change and LOTS OF LOVING.
I wish I could but I know I cant.
In my eyes though they will always and forever be the littlest beings that I first set my eyes upon. Untainted by this world we live in.
Love you my sweet little munchkins.

0 comments:

Post a Comment